Chautauqua Trail Annual Meeting & Chautauqua Experience
"Chautauqua" is an educational and cultural movement that built communities and supported individuals in the development of their full potential spiritually, intellectually, culturally and physically. The concept began in the late 19th century and spread throughout rural North America as hundreds of Chautauqua communities were established. However, by the mid-1920s, the movement began to recede due to the rise of the automobile, radio and access to education. Only a handful of these communities survived the decline.
Today, there are several Chautauqua communities across North America, and the demand for authentic, cultural experiences and continued learning opportunities is on the rise. The Chautauqua Trail, a group of organizations and individuals committed to promoting the Chautauqua concept, is one of the driving forces behind this renaissance.
Please note that all agenda items could be done in just one day, but your officers want to allow for unexpected issues. All attendees will have an opportunity to speak on every topic and to discuss further an issue during our scheduled meeting times. However, that does not mean that every attendee must speak on all topics.
Join the Movement & Register for the Annual Meeting
Individuals and organizations can join the Chautauqua Trail and attend the Chautauqua Trail Annual Meeting. Your annual membership to the Chautauqua Network helps ensure the survival of one of the greatest movements in North American cultural history. The full organization membership is $100 and individual membership is $10. Join the Chautauqua Trail.
Register for the Chautauqua Network Annual Meeting today! This event is a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow Chautauquans from across the U.S. and Canada.
Annual Meeting Schedule
- 2022 Chautauqua-Wawasee - Syracuse, Indiana
- 2023 Lakeside Chautauqua- Lakeside, Ohio (150th Anniversary)
- 2024 Chautauqua Institution - Chautauqua, New York
- 2025 Bay View Association - Bay View, Michigan
- 2026 Ocean Park Association - Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- 2027 Pennsylvania Chautauqua - Mt. Gretna, Pennsylvania
- 2028 TBD
- 2029 TBD
- 2030 Chautauqua Institution - Chautauqua, New York
- 2031 Ocean Park Association - Old Orchard Beach, Maine (150th Anniversary)
- 2074 Chautauqua Institute - Chautauqua, New York (200th Anniversary)
- 2076 Lakeside Chautauqua - Lakeside, Ohio (200th Anniversary)